Reminiscences of Childhood

A Poem by Juhi Verma (Queeni)
A budding poetess in T. John College, Bangalore.

A close friend of mine; I admired her poetry,
thus publishing it in Ebi's Inspirations.


One morning I woke up to see the sun

Rising up in the sky

And wondered was growing up a fun or rather living a lie?


As a child I had a desire

To grow up

Full of passion and fire

Then, I hated to mope


But becoming young has changed me

And changed the world around

To such an extent

I wish to go back again.


The days of simplicity

Those filled with innocence

The games played with honesty

Though now they don’t make sense


The impatient wait for the weekends

The dread of approaching Mondays

An excitement to meet friends

And caring for them in our little ways.


Now they all appear same

Who cares whether Sunday came

It’s a life dull and bore

I want my childhood back now even more.


Yet growing up is inevitable

Understanding this fact sooner

May not be that comfortable

But definitely is better.


Because that’s the way of life

And as I see the sun

Setting in the evening sky

I still wonder, was growing up a fun

or rather living a lie?




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts